OK, so it's a new year. Time to get back on the grind. Diet, gym, work, cardio, meal prepping, calories, fat, scale--ahhh the never-ending list of weight-loss terms is upon us. Before you turn to Ben & Jerry's to relieve stress because it's "just too hard," take a chill pill and start with the basics.
- Meal Prepping: (verb) to cook mass quantities of food to have your meals prepared in advanced for three to four days at a time. This allows you to stay on track with your health goals: weight loss, muscle gain and overall better health.
- Yes, you will have to cook (twice per week maximum).
- Yes, there will be dishes to clean.
- Yes, the food will taste good.
- Yes, it will save you time (and calories).
- No, you will not have to cook everyday.
I generally prep my meals twice a week, which helps deter me from making not-so-healthy choices when I'm hangry (hungry+angry).